Ads 468x60px

Friday, January 20, 2012

Tasty Turkey Wraps



So this is a quick and easy little meal that makes a great lunch or a super fast dinner. My daughter likes to have the un-assembled pieces of this dinner in piles on her plate and dip them into the ranch dressing.



Also, I have still neglected to call and get my kitchen light repaired. Maybe doing this blog will help me get on that, even though I'm waiting for it to miraculously start to work again, as it has done three times before.

Tasty Turkey Wraps

Ingredients:
Spinach tortillas
Deli turkey meat
Deli white American cheese
Shredded carrots
Lettuce
Sliced cucumber
Ranch dressing

Directions:
1.) Using a food processor, shred baby carrots. If you don't have a food processor, regular sized carrots on a grater should suffice.
2.) Cut cucumber into strips. Removing the skin is optional.
3.) Put ranch on the tortilla and then assemble as you'd prefer! I like lettuce --> turkey --> cheese --> cucumber --> carrots
4.) Roll up the tortilla and enjoy!

You could also use wheat or regular tortillas and any sort of deli cheese you prefer.
If you're using a food processor, use the slice/grate blade.
I used a little less than half of a bag of baby carrots because I had a few extra shredded carrots I shredded song from lunch the other day. So if using baby carrots, about half a bag should suffice.
Cucumbers can be odd shaped and make odd shaped long slices. :)

Add your ranch, and the turkey and cheese from the deli. Since I'm still pregnant, I warmed up my turkey before I put it on there, but feel free to put it on cold.
Add veggies. (At this point I realized I had forgotten the lettuce.)
P.S. I'm incapable of making a normal sized wrap or burrito (they always end up super big or super tiny), so you may not want to put as much insides into your tortilla. Unless you'd like a gargantuan turkey wrap like mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...