Ads 468x60px

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Turkey & Hamwich


You know that this picture makes your stomach growl.

As it should, because this is a delicious sandwich.

Turkey & Hamwich

Ingredients:
 Oscar Mayer Carving Board turkey
Oscar Mayer Carving Board ham
Baby spinach leaves
Mayo
Dijon mustard
Colby and Monterey Jack cheese block
Balsamic Vinaigrette
 Seeded sub rolls

Directions:
1.) Spread mayo over both sides of bread.
2.) Spread Dijon mustard over top side of bread.
3.) Layer baby spinach leaves on bottom side of bread.
4.) Layer turkey on top of baby spinach, then ham on top of turkey.
5.) Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over sandwich
6.) Slice 4 slices of cheese off of block and put on top of sandwich.
7.) Top with top portion of bread and devour!

If you don't usually have balsamic vinaigrette on hand (I didn't, before this sandwich), you'll want to invest in it. Because you'll want to eat this sandwich often. As in ALL THE TIME.
I like to snap off long stems from my baby spinach.
Careful not to pour too much balsamic vinaigrette out. It could result in quite a mess as well as a soggy sandwich.
You could easily simply buy slices of this cheese, but I prefer the block. And the easiest way I found to get nice thin slices from it? A vegetable peeler! Works like magic. :)
I think I'm hungry now.


Recipe adapted from Kraft.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I made this for dinner last night. I'm a huge fan of dinners that are quick and easy! And it was very tasty too! I was thinking for a variation, I might try to add some kind of cranberries (dried or jellied) to this sandwich to make it like a Thanksgiving leftover sandwich.

Jessica said...

:)
Oh, that sounds good. Maybe even some homemade whole berry cranberry sauce would be good on it too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...