Ads 468x60px

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Slow Cooker Cube Steak & Gravy


Sometimes there are days where you just don't really get too much housecleaning done. Today was one of those days for me. But that's okay. The oldest, Natalie, had fun and I had a nice day. (I do need to buy a new vacuum though...) There are also some meals that come out tasting a lot better than you expect it to. Ones that you think will be just okay but come out amazing. Tonight was one of those meals. It was pretty amazing. So amazing, that I couldn't save this one for later and had to share it immediately. :)



Slow Cooker Cube Steak & Gravy
Ingredients:
Cube steak
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 packet beefy onion soup mix
3/4 cup water
Directions:
1.) Place cube steaks in a cooking sprayed or slow cooker bag lined slow cooker.
2.) Combine soups, water, and beefy onion soup mix together in a med. bowl. Pour mixture over steaks.
3.) Cook on high for 6 hours.

Ignore the fact that one of those cans is chicken noodle soup, ha ha. In my rush to grab everything together, I accidentally grabbed that instead of two cream of mushroom soups. Luckily I noticed and changed them out in time. I used a pack of cube steaks that was family sized. I believe there were 6 in it. Possibly 8.
DELICIOUS. I promise. The gravy comes together nicely. I HIGHLY recommend making some mashed potatoes with this as one of your sides, as a pat of butter and some of the gravy scooped out of the slow cooker taste great on them.


Recipe adapted from The Post-It Place.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I'd never heard of cubed steak before trying this recipe. It turned out great! Sean and I really enjoyed it and will definitely be saving this recipe to eat again. We thought it tasted even better as leftovers!

Jessica said...

Wonderful! Cube steak is really great for slow cooking. I love how tender it is.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...