Ads 468x60px

Monday, May 7, 2012

Tasty Mini Burger Patties


I am a candle addict.

I like to have several on hand, and unfortunately sometimes I burn them down wayyyy too fast. I don't even really want to think about how much I've spent on them, ha ha. Sometimes I magnetize to the candle section of a store when I walk past it. So I was pretty interested when a new friend told me she sold something called Scentsy. I checked it out, and it is awesome. IT SMELLS SO GOOD. There were so many different scents, and yes. Yes I did smell them all. I also ordered some. If you're curious, and are on facebook, you could 'like' her facebook Scentsy page and/or check out her page on the Scentsy site itself (and buy from her!). Pretty great stuff.

Speaking of great stuff, that's what this recipe is. Great stuff. Yep. Something that is flavorful, easy to make and that the toddler gobbles down is always classified as 'great stuff'.


Tasty Mini Burger Patties

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack/Colby blend plus extra for sprinkling
1/4 cup ketchup plus extra
1 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
2.) Mix ground beef, 2/3 cup cheese, ketchup, and garlic powder together. Form 12 balls and place on baking sheet. Press each ball down to about 1/2 in. thickness, giving them flat tops.
3.) Bake for 15 min.
4.) Squirt a little bit of ketchup on the top of each patty, and then top with a little sprinkling of cheese. Bake for 5 more min.

I always prefer to break up the ground beef a bit before I add in the rest.

Now the messy part. I use the spoon and my hands and form the meat into 12 balls.
Put them onto the tin foil lined, cooking sprayed baking sheet.
Press the balls down into more of a patty shape, using the back of the spoon.
Bake for 15 min.
Top with ketchup and cheese, bake for 5 more min.
I always serve with steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes! You could also serve the patties on top of rice, instead of the mashed potatoes.


Recipe adapted from Kraft.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I made these for dinner last week and they were a big hit with my husband! He said they were like meatloaf without the onions that he hates. I also enjoyed the meal very much. I think next time I'll add a little creole seasoning to the ground beef for my personal tastes. I like to cajun-ify everything. ;)

Jessica said...

I'm glad you both liked them! I think they would taste awesome with some Cajun seasoning.

I recently made them with a little twist because I ran out of my usual ingredients. I topped them with bbq sauce and a little slice off of a block of cheddar cheese. They were still super tasty!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...