Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Speedy Ravioli Bake



I always try to decide what I'm going to cook for dinner the day before. That way, if there is anything I need to put in the fridge to defrost, I can do that and it will be ready by the time it is time to make dinner (larger pieces of meat I may sit out two days before). I already usually have a list of dinner possibilities that I can make, based on different things I recently got at the store, and so all I have left to do is pick one off of my list for the next night. Sometimes...I realize that I am missing some essential ingredients or something else comes up. At that point is when it is good to have things that you usually keep on hand, and things stuffed and saved in the freezer.

I recently had one of those days.

I found some refrigerated raviolis that I had put into the freezer to save. I always have several types of shredded cheese in the fridge and at least one jar of pasta sauce in the cabinet.


Speedy Ravioli Bake

Ingredients:
18 oz. refrigerated ravilois
2 cups shredded mozzarella
25 oz. jar tomato pasta sauce
1 tsp. basil

Directions:
1.) Heat oven to 400°F.
2.) In a large pot, cook ravioli as directed. Drain; set aside.
3.) In the same pot, mix pasta sauce and basil. Cook over med. heat for 5 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked ravioli. Pour into ungreased 13x9 in. glass baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over top.
4.) Bake, uncovered, 10 min. or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.

 You could use two 9 oz. bags of  pasta or one 18 oz. Also, use the type of ravioli you'd prefer. I used tomato-cheese.
 In general, bring water to boil, add ravioli. They don't take long to cook, maybe three min. or so. They'll float when they're done.
 I just went ahead and sat aside my ravioli in the dish I was going to bake them in later.
 Stir your sauce and basil together and heat for a few min. Mix together with raviolis and, once in the baking dish, top with cheese. Bake.
  Yum! I like to top mine with Parmesan cheese and eat with French loaf or Italian bread sticks.


Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker. 

2 comments:

Summer said...

Mmmm. I made this for dinner this weekend and it fed us for a few meals. It was soooo good! And super easy! I added half a pound of cooked ground beef to the sauce for my carnivore husband. We had a side salad with Italian dressing and buttered toast for side dishes.

Jessica said...

I bet the ground beef added a nice touch. Sounds like it was tasty!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...