Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mini Pizza Bites


I would like to let everyone know that a bug on the blog has been fixed, and if you try to post a comment, it will now show up! :D I think that's fantastic, because I know of at least one person who tried to leave a comment while it was broken. :( But now there should be no problems and I will be able to read whatever my lovely readers have to say. :)


Mini Pizza Bites

Ingredients:
Wheat tortillas
Pizza sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Mini pepperonis

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a regular 12 slot muffin tin with cooking spray.
2.) On a flat surface, cut 3-4 circles out of tortillas.
3.)  Press tortilla circles into muffin tin.
4.) Spoon desired amount of pizza sauce onto each tortilla circle, followed by shredded cheese, and mini pepperonis.
4.) Bake 13-15 min. When done, remove mini pizzas from tin with a butter knife.

Don't forget to preheat your oven to 450°F before you start preparing the little pizzas!
Cut circles from tortillas. I find the easiest thing to use (and since I don't have a circle biscuit/cookie cutter) is the top side of a regular canned food can! You'll need to press a little and give it a slight twist/rock, but it works fantastically.
I was able to get about 4 circles from each tortilla. Five if I was lucky! My daughter ate most of the tortilla scraps I was left with.
Press the tortilla circles into the cooking sprayed muffin tin like so. They fit pretty snuggly.
I spooned the pizza sauce in.
Topped with shredded mozz.
And put five mini pepperonis on each one. Bake for about 14 min. in the preheated oven.
Result! They pop out very easily with a butter knife. The tortilla "crust" gets pretty deliciously crispy. And it is cheesy and mmm! What's not to love?


Recipe adapted from Dashing Dish.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I made this for dinner this weekend. It was extremely simple and extremely delicious!

Jessica said...

Glad you enjoyed it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...