Ads 468x60px

Monday, August 6, 2012

Roasted Tilapia & Vegetables


Okay, so I might have accidentally lied when I said I'd start posting more frequently again. Apologies! I was preoccupied with preparing for my brother-in-law's arrival, the actual arrival and his stay here. I think that is a pretty good excuse. :)

Either way, I am going to try to start updating more regularly again (for real this time)! I have even more recipes saved up to post for ya'll. Speaking of my lovely readers, I'd like to welcome any new subscribers out there! I know there are a few new ones out there, so thank you! :)


Roasted Tilapia & Vegetables

Ingredients:
1/2 lb. fresh asparagus spears, cut in half
2 small zucchini or 1 large, cut in half lengthwise and then into 1/2 in. pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 large onion, cut into separated wedges
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. Montreal steak seasoning
3 or 4 tilapia filets
1 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp. paprika

Directions:
1.) Heat oven to 450°F. Mix asparagus, zucchini, bell pepper, onion and olive oil in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of the steak seasoning; toss to coat. Spread vegetables in an ungreased baking sheet. Place on lower oven rack in oven; bake 5 min.
2.) Meanwhile, spray 13x9 in. (3 qt.) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pat tilapia fillets dry with paper towels. Place in baking dish, pour butter over; sprinkle with paprika.
3.)  Place baking dish on middle oven rack in oven. Bake fish and vegetables 17 to 18 min. longer or until fish flakes easily with fork and vegetables are tender.

 Ingredients + a lemon. I enjoy lemon juice on my fish.
 Chop up your veggies and sprinkle with olive oil and seasoning. Then toss to coat them well.
 Spread them out on a baking sheet, and bake for 5 min. at 450°F.
 While the veggies are baking, get the fish ready. Pat them dry and put in baking dish. Pour melted butter over them and top with paprika. Then add them to the oven and bake for about 17 min.
 Yummy.
 I squeezed some fresh lemon juice over my fish and a little on my veggies, but husband didn't. Whatever you prefer!

Recipe modified from Betty Crocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...