Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 17, 2012

Baked Eggs & Friends


Because "Baked Eggs & Friends" is a shorter, better title than "Baked Eggs with Tomatoes, Spinach, Cheese, Bacon, and Chives". :)

This was a breakfast I made one morning for husband and I. I rather loved it. He was less than enthused about it, but that's okay.


Baked Eggs & Friends

Ingredients:
2 eggs
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Chopped chives
2 Slices chopped, cooked bacon
Shredded cheddar cheese
Kosher salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
Baby spinach
2 tsp. milk

Directions:
1.) Layer baby spinach in bottom of ramekins
2.) Top with pieces of bacon, chives, cherry tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
3.) Crack egg and pour on top of current layers, careful not to burst the yolk.
4.) Add 1 tsp. milk to each ramekin, then add remaining bacon, chives, tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
5.) Sprinkle kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste.
6.) Bake at 350°F for 5 min., then switch oven to broil for another 5 min.

This is just for two (and I don't like tomatoes, so there were none in mine), so this recipe is easily adjusted to add more, if desired.
I realized I didn't actually have baby spinach, but lamb's lettuce. Worked out just as well, however.
Add bacon, tomatoes, cheese, and chives.
Crack egg and pour into ramekin, then top with remaining bacon, tomatoes, cheese, and chives. Reminder: I don't like tomatoes. There were none in mine. You'll want more cherry tomatoes if you want some. :) And my chives look a bit odd in this photo. That's because they were frozen.
Sprinkle kosher salt and pepper and bake at 350°F for 5 min. and then broil for 5 min.
Yum! I broiled on high and that cooked the yolks through. If you'd like a runny yolk, I would suggest a lower broil setting. Also, if you're very hungry, add two eggs and an extra tsp. of milk to your ramekin. :)


Recipe adapted from For the Love of Cooking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally pinned this on pinterest. Watch this run all over the internet like wildfire!

Jessica said...

Lol! Yeah!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...