Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Seasoned Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli


I will take this opportunity to say, that my family and I are now less than six months away from moving back to Stateside! And by less than six months away, I mean only one week off of six months, ha ha. But I am eager and looking forward to being there. We don't know where we'll be going yet, but I can't wait to find out. Hopefully we get where we're wanting. I am not, however, looking forward to the process of leaving. Getting our things packed, making the house cleaner than it has been the entire time we've lived here, staying in a hotel for a night or two, super-cleaning our car and shipping it...and then the super long plane ride and lugging two kids and a bag of luggage and carry-on per person through the airports...Yikes. Until then, though, I'll just keep gettin' cookin'. ;)

Slow Cooker Seasoned Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli

Ingredients:
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 stick of butter
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne
2 cups fresh broccoli
1 (10.5 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10.5 oz.) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
2 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
1.) Melt butter over med. heat on stove top. Add in all seasonings and combine.
2.) In a med. bowl, combine cream of chicken soup with butter/seasoning mixture.
3.) Place chicken in lined and/or cooking sprayed slow cooker and pour mixture over it.
4.) Cook on low for 5 1/2 hours.
5.)  Take out chicken and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker.
6.) Add cream cheese, condensed cheddar cheese soup, shredded cheddar, and fresh broccoli. Mix together well and cook for another 30 min.
7.) Give it a stir and serve over egg noodles.



Not pictured: Condensed Cheddar cheese soup
Melt butter over stove and add seasonings. Transfer to a med. bowl and combine with can of cream of chicken.
Put chicken in slow cooker and pour mixture over top. Cook on low for about 5 1/2 hours.
Take chicken out and shred with two forks.
Return chicken to slow cooker.
 Add condensed Cheddar cheese, shredded Cheddar, cream cheese, and broccoli to slow cooker. Mix well to combine and let it cook for about another 30 min. I used cream cheese out of a small tub and it worked well. If you use it cut from the block, you may want to soften it in the microwave or on the countertop a little before adding it, so that it mixes well.
Cook some egg noodles and serve it over them!

2 comments:

Summer said...

I made this for dinner last night. I loved that it had three kinds of cheese! I'm a total cheese nut! I used cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken since that's what I had on hand, and I'm not a big fan of the pink bits of chicken in the cream of chicken soup.

Jessica said...

Bread and cheese are two of my favorite things in the world, ha ha. How did it come out with the cream of mushroom? I know you can't compare it having it with cream of chicken, but what did you think?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...