Ads 468x60px

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Turkey Burgers with Teriyaki Veggies


Pan-seared turkey burgers. Yummy stuff. I don't often cook with ground turkey...actually, I don't think I ever really have before. I know many people do, and that's great! I wanted to test it out myself. I love turkey anyway and I also wanted to see if my husband would notice a huge difference in flavor or anything. He didn't complain or anything, so whether he knew it was turkey or not...he liked it! :)

Pan-Seared Turkey Burgers with Teriyaki Veggies

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey
1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 can baby corn, drained and chopped
1 small can sliced water chestnuts, drained
Baby carrots, sliced
Optional chopped broccoli
1/2 bottle Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
1/2 cup mayo
1 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
Hamburger buns
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce

Directions:
 1.) In a med. bowl, combine turkey, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp. soy sauce, and 1 tsp. of black pepper. Shape into four 1/2 in. thick patties. In a hot skillet, cook over med.-high heat for 10-12 min., turning once. Remove from skillet; cover and keep warm.
2.) Add all chopped stir-fry vegetables and stir-fry sauce to the hot skillet. Bring just to boiling, cover, and reduce heat. Cook 7-9 min. or until vegetables are just tender, stirring occasionally.
3.) For sauce for burgers, combine mayo, 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp. soy sauce, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper in a small bowl.
4.) Warm hamburger buns in microwave for 15 sec. Top with turkey patty, and then sauce. Serve with stir-fry vegetables.

 I used whole wheat hamburger buns for extra-healthiness. :P
Mix ground turkey, 1 tsp. of the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and ground black pepper.
Shape into four patties and cook in hot skillet, about 6 min. on each side, flipping once.
Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
Chop your veggies while the patties cook.
Because you're going to add them to the hot skillet once the turkey patties come out.
Add the sauce, let it come to a barely a boil and then cover, reduce heat, and let it cook for about 8 min.
Mix up the sauce for your burgers with the mayo and remaining Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and pepper. Warm up the buns for about 15 sec. in the microwave...because that makes them better. ;) And then top with patty and then this sauce!
Serve with the stir-fry teriyaki vegetables.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Yummo! I made this for dinner last night and plan to make it again tonight! This has been my favorite recipe of yours that I've tried so far. I was amazed how juicy and tender and flavorful the turkey burgers were! When I've used ground turkey in the past, it was always dry and rubbery. These were delish!

Jessica said...

Awesome! This was the first time I'd tried using ground turkey, and I liked it! :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...