Ads 468x60px

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Grilled Cheese Verde


Ooooh, ahhhh.

This is so tasty. And fun! Because how often do you eat a sandwich with cheese that is green? WAIT. Cheese that is SUPPOSED to be green. :) Please don't go eating green cheese unless you've made it green yourself. On purpose. With this recipe. Let's just get on with it.

Grilled Cheese Verde

Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted butter
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Monterrey Jack/Colby blend cheese
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tbsp. olive oil + more as needed
2 cups roughly chopped baby spinach
Cooked bacon
Sandwich bread

Directions:
1.) In food processor, combine all cheese, butter, salt and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Combine until it is smooth, adding more vegetable oil as needed to make the mixture spreadable.
2.) Add spinach and pulse together until combined.
3.) Preheat what you're using to grill your sandwich.
4.) Spread cheese mixture over a slice of bread, top with broken/crumbled bacon. Spread cheese mixture over another piece of bread and place on top of the other.
5.) Grill until golden and crispy and the cheese is melty.

Baby spinach, shredded cheddar, shredded Monterrey Jack/Colby blend, olive oil, stick of butter, Kosher salt.
 Combine cheeses, salt, and oil in food processor until smooth. You can add more olive oil as you need to make it spreadable.
Add 2 cups of roughly chopped (really, I just tear it a bit) baby spinach.
And pulse until combined.
Spread cheese mixture on two slices of bread. If you want, add some cooked bacon! It makes it even yummier.
Cook your sammich. You could do this in a panini maker, skillet, or like I do - in a mini George Foreman grill. :) Who needs a panini press when you have that?
This recipe makes PLENTY of cheese mix, so you'll probably want to store it in a container in the fridge for a few days if you aren't making a lot of sandwiches all at once. When I store it in the fridge and am ready for another sandwich, I put it in the microwave for several seconds to soften it up and make it spreadable again.

Delicious!


Recipe adapted from Food Network.

3 comments:

Summer said...

What was I supposed to do with the stick of butter? I see it listed in the ingredients, but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to blend it up with the cheese. Well, that's what I did anyway so I hope I did it right! It was very tasty! Sean really got a kick out of eating green cheese!

Jessica said...

Ah, yes. I see I missed that in the initial directions. I'll add that in there.
Glad you liked it!

Summer said...

Oh, phew! I was worried you were going to tell me I did it wrong and I was going to feel silly. I figured I must have done it right when it turned out so good!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...