Ads 468x60px

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Corn Muffins

So, this will be the first post sans pictures. The next one I post may have cell phone pictures, but we'll see. The no-picture post may end up being better than cell shots, ha ha. I used to buy the cornbread mixes for whenever we were going to have cornbread, but I needed cornmeal for a recipe once and ended up buying a canister of it. I discovered a recipe on the back and decided to give it a try. Turns out, my husband much prefers this homemade kind of corn muffin as opposed to the mix you buy at the store in a box. And now, since I always have corn meal on hand, and the rest of the ingredients are typical kitchen "supplies", I can easily whip up some corn muffins to have with a meal without having to worry about if I have a mix in the cabinet.


Corn Muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cups corn meal
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten

Directions:
1.) Heat oven to 400°F. Grease or paper-line muffin tin.
2.)  Combine dry ingredients. Stir in milk, oil, and egg, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. Will not be completely smooth.
3.) Pour batter into the 12 prepared muffin cups.
4.) Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.



Recipe from Quaker Yellow Corn Meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...