Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Peanut Butter Heath Bar Cookies

For some reason, a lot of the baking I do tends to happen late at night. I'm talking past 11 o'clock kind of late here. I don't know if it is because the kids are in bed and I can do it without interruption or shooing hands away from cooling cookies or if it is more because I want a sweet late night snack with a nice cold glass of milk. Whatever the reason is, this is what my most recent session of late night baking produced. These sweet, slightly crispy but soft centered delights.



Peanut Butter Heath Bar Cookies

Ingredients:
 1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
3 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 8oz. pkg. Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits

Directions:
1.) Heat oven to 375°F.
2.) Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla together in a large bowl until well blended. Add egg and beat until just blended.
3.) Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup of toffee bits; save the rest for topping.
4.) Get about a heaping tsp. worth of dough into a ball and flatten it slightly between your palms and place on baking sheet about 1 1/2-2 in. apart. Top each cookie with reserved toffee bits. Bake 7-9 min. (I found 8 min. to be perfect for me). Cool on the pan for about 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling (I like lining my wire racks with a sheet of wax or parchment paper).




Recipe from Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...