Ads 468x60px

Monday, October 19, 2015

Zesty Italian Beef Sandwiches

I don't often buy roasts unless I can find one on sale for a good price. So usually, when I find one, I snatch it up and toss it into my freezer until I decide what meal I'm going to plan around it. This is one of my favorite things to do with them and to make it better, this is also one of those meals that was way better than I was expecting it to be the first time I tested it out.



Zesty Italian Beef Sandwiches

Ingredients:
1 boneless beef chuck roast (3-4 lbs.)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
Bread and butter sliced pickles
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can condensed French onion soup
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 cup mayo
1 tbsp. hot sauce
Buns
Thinly sliced red onion
Slices smoked provolone cheese

Directions:
1.) Place roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix soup, vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
2.) Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker, heat through. In a small bowl, mix mayo, mustard, and hot sauce; spread on buns. Layer with onion, pickles, shredded beef, and cheese. Replace tops. Enjoy, because they're delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...